General Terms & Conditions of Rentals
● Dar 66 only accepts families and couples; there is though an additional special condition that applies only on the townhouses: no more than one family (parents and their kids or siblings) or one couple can stay in the townhouse for each booking, i,e., no sharing is allowed.
● Dar 66 villas are holiday homes in a residential area licensed by RAK Tourism Authority for daily rent. To comply with RAK government regulations and ensure a quiet and relaxing stay for all our guests, as well as the neighbors who live there, parties of any kind and outdoor music are strictly not allowed at any and all times with no exception, and no excessive noise that will disturb the neighbors even from children especially after 10pm will be tolerated at all times. Only low volume indoor music is allowed.
● The maximum number of persons allowed is restricted at all times to the number the villa is booked for, at a total maximum of 10 persons and 2 children under 3 years old. Further, no visitors are allowed at all times, even for a brief time.
● Our reservation payment policy:
– The guest will be charged a prepayment of the full reservation amount at the time the booking is made on our website.
– No reservations can be made without full payment in advance, and bookings can only be confirmed upon the payment of the full booking amount.
– Only walk-in guests without prior reservation can pay in cash subject to villa availability.
– For refunds, please review our refund policy at the end.
● A Damage Deposit will be collected by an online card pre-authorization before check-in. The Deposit payment link will be sent via whatsapp on arrival date. Please note that Dar 66 does not accept cash payments. The amount of the Deposit depends on the villa type (it ranges from 600 to 1000 dhs). For more information, please refer to Dar 66 Damage Deposit Policy below.
● Please note that indoor smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited. No shisha smoking is allowed anywhere. Violation of our indoor smoking ban and shisha anywhere ban, as well as the presence of any cigarette/tobacco/vaping smell inside the villa, will incur a 500 dhs fine. Further, the presence of excessive food smell that is hard to remove will incur a 300 dhs fine.
● Dar 66 holiday homes are in two different locations. The Villa and Chalets of Dar 66 are one-floor, located in a small private villa compound in the laid-back Jazeera Al-Hamra area of Ras Al-Khaimah (RAK), United Arab Emirates. The compound features one villa and two chalets, each with its own private pool offering complete privacy. Dar 66 Al-Hamra Townhouses, on the other hand, are two-floor townhouses with small private pools inside the gated community of Al-Hamra Village, only 5 minutes away from the main Dar 66. Dar 66 homes are not part of a hotel or resort, nor are they beach-front properties. Rather, they are licensed as holiday homes.
● Please note that Dar 66 villas are self check-in. There is no reception desk/room in Dar 66. Opening the villa doors will be via a 4-digit code. The code will be sent to you on your arrival date either through WhatsApp or email. The code will only be activated after Dar 66 receives a copy of the IDs of all the guests sent via WhatsApp to +971567331311, as well as the online card pre-authorization of the damage deposit via a whatsapp link sent on arrival date before check in.
● To avoid excessive cleaning charges, please leave the villas reasonably clean and tidy with all kitchenware and dishware washed (there is a dishwasher) and put away and all rubbish bagged and put into bins.
● All guests, including children and maids if any, must provide a valid government-issued photo ID before check-in via email or WhatsApp +971567331311.
● Dar 66 villas are a fully furnished self-catering private villas each with its own pool, and fully equipped kitchen. There is no room service, nor is there daily cleaning. No food or beverages are served by Dar 66 on the premises. Only drinking water is provided free-of-charge, in 5 Gallon bottles on a water cooler. Guests can either cook or order food from outside restaurants.
● Dar 66 villas come with bed sheets & linen, pillows, comforters, bath soap & shampoo, as well as bath and hand towels, but not pool towels, in addition to all the necessary pots, pans, utensils, cups, glasses and a fridge, gas cooker, oven, microwave, dishwasher, water cooler, toaster, kettle, coffee machine, and mixer. Iron and small ironing board are also available along with a hair dryer.
● The Villa and Chalets of Dar 66 have their own privacy wall and/or compound wall providing complete privacy to the pools, and no neighboring villas can see the pools. The pools in Dar 66 Al-Hamra Townhouses, on the other hand, are slightly exposed to the second story of the neighboring townhouses; however, there is a 3-meter umbrella which provides bigger privacy.
● Pools in the villas are as follows: The 4-bedroom villa pool size is 10x5m, and 1m to 1.6m deep. The 2- and 3-bedroom chalets’ pools are 6.5x4m in size, and 40cm to 1.5m deep. The Townhouses’ pools are 4x2m in size, and 30cm to 1.5m deep.
● The swimming pool is temperature-controlled by an electric heat-pump. Average pool temperature in the winter is 30 degrees celsius and 28 degrees celsius in the summer.
● Please note that guests are responsible for ensuring swimmer’s safety. There is no swimming pool lifeguard in the villa. Children must be under the supervision of adults at all times when they are in the pool area or inside the pool. There is no dedicated children pool, nor is there a safety pool fence for children.
● Guests cannot use the pool at night between the hours 10 pm to 7 am (restrictions imposed by RAK government).
● To find out the no of bedrooms, bathrooms, and other specific details to each villa, please refer to the Accommodation pages for more information.
● Check-in begins at 3 pm, and check-out is at 12.30 pm. Early check-in and/or late check-out are subject to availability, and only upon written confirmation from Dar 66, and maybe subject to extra charges.
● BBQs: The Villa and Chalets have two kind of BBQs, a gas BBQ and a charcoal BBQ. The Townhouses have only a gas BBQ. Gas is provided free of charge while charcoal is the responsibility of the guest.
● Only weekends and holidays have a 2-nights minimum stay requirement, unless it is a last minute booking.
● No pets allowed. No exceptions, sorry.
● Dar 66 villas are licensed as holiday homes. Dar 66 guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the villas for temporary accommodation purposes, and such permission is not deemed a residential tenancy agreement under Ras Al-Khaimah’s residential tenancy regulations. Guest’s failure to comply with his/her obligations as set forth in the Terms and Conditions may result in the termination of the aforesaid permission to occupy the villas and an immediate eviction by Dar 66 without prior notice.
● APPLICABLE LAW. The Federal Laws of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as applied in Ras Al-Khaimah courts shall govern all online transactions, without regards to conflict of laws principles. All disputes arising in connection therewith shall be heard only by a court of competent jurisdiction in Ras Al-Khaimah, UAE.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
– If the guest wishes to request a cancellation and/or modification, the guest must submit a written request to cancel or modify the reservation by e-mail or via whatsapp.
– Cancellation or modification fees (if any) shall apply subject to the date of the cancellation/modification request.
– If the cancellation/modification is submitted within a period of more than 14 (fourteen days) from the date of arrival, the reservation amount shall be refunded after deducting 3% card fees.
– If the cancellation/modification is submitted within a period of less than 14 (fourteen days) from the date of arrival, the rent amount shall be deducted in full and no refund is granted.
– No refunds shall be made for any early departures or “no shows”.
– In the event of cancellation/modification of the reservation due to extenuating special circumstances (death, illness, divorce, extra), the submission is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A written proof of these special circumstances must be submitted therein.
– In the event of cancellation/modification due to force-majeure, such as natural disasters (earthquakes, floods, etc) and other similar circumstances, the situation is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
– Refunds take between 7-10 days from the date the refund is approved.
– All refunds will be made onto the original mode of payment.
Damage Deposit Policy
– A Damage Deposit will be collected online on arrival date before check-in. Dar 66 will send an online payment link via whatsapp before the 3 pm check-in time to pre-authorize (block) the Damage Deposit from your payment card. This Damage Deposit guarantees payment for any damages to property, structure or furnishings including but not limited to permanent soiling and staining of linens; property damage or loss; excessive cleaning charges or any other damages or loss caused during the Guest’s stay. This excludes normal and acceptable wear and tear.
– To avoid excessive cleaning charges, please leave the villas reasonably clean and tidy with all kitchenware and dishware washed (there is a dishwasher) and put away and all rubbish bagged and put into bins.
– Charges may also be incurred if: Dar 66 receives complaints about excessive noise or disturbances; there were violations of our outdoor music ban policy and our indoor smoking ban and shisha ban; the presence of any cigarette/tobacco/vaping smell inside the villa; and/or any other violation of the Terms and Conditions. Further, the presence of excessive food smell that is hard to remove will incur a 300 dhs fine.
– To ensure a smooth check-in process and avoid any delays in checking-in, the guest is responsible of ensuring that the Damage Deposit has been pre-authorized via the online link sent by whatsapp prior to the 3 pm check-in time. Please note that access to the villas and the activation of the door code will be granted only after Dar 66 receives the Damage Deposit and a copy of the IDs of all guests including children.
– The condition of the villas and the amount of the fine will be judged at the sole discretion of Dar 66. If no damage is found to the villas upon check-out, or there were no other charges per our Damage Deposit Policy, the Damage Deposit pre-authorization will be cancelled and released to the Guest’s credit/debit card on check-out date. Dar 66 releases the amount to your bank within 2 hours after you check-out; however, it might take longer to show up in your account. It depends on your bank, most banks will remove the block on the Deposit amount immediately, but others may take longer, even few days.
– If any damage is found to the villas upon check-out, or there were other charges per our Damage Deposit Policy, the value of the damage or the other charges will be deducted and charged to the card within 2-3 days. Guest will be informed of the amount of the damages and/or charges after check out and prior to charging the credit/debit card. The remaining balance of the Damage Deposit, if any, shall be refunded to the card.
– Please note that should the value of damages and/or charges exceed the amount of the Damage Deposit, the guest may be subject to further property damage fees, up to and including legal action.
– The Damage Deposit amount is based on the villa type and ranges from 600 to 1,000 dhs.
Last updated 1 May 2022