Frequently Asked Questions
● Does Dar 66 has a families and couples only policy? Are visitors allowed entry into Dar 66 villas?
Dar 66 is families and couples only; there is though an additional special condition that applies only on the townhouses: no more than one family (parents and their kids or siblings) or one couple can stay in the townhouse for each booking, i,e., no sharing is allowed. And sorry, Dar 66 has a strict policy of allowing only the number of guests the villas are booked for!
● Are birthday parties or other kind of parties/events allowed, is outdoor music allowed?
Sorry, Dar 66 has a strict policy of “no parties/events of any kind allowed”! Dar 66 villas are holiday homes in a residential area licensed by RAK Tourism Authority for daily rent. To comply with RAK government regulations and ensure a quiet and relaxing stay for all our guests, as well as the neighbors, parties of any kind and outdoor music are strictly not allowed at any and all times with no exception, and no excessive noise that will disturb the neighbors even from children especially after 10pm will be tolerated at all times. Only low volume indoor music is allowed.
● Is smoking allowed in Dar 66 villas?
Indoor smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited. Shisha smoking is not allowed anywhere. Violation of our indoor smoking ban and shisha anywhere ban, as well as the presence of any cigarette/tobacco/vaping smell inside the villa, will incur a 500 dhs fine. Further, the presence of excessive food smell that is hard to remove will incur a 300 dhs fine.
● Is there a reception desk/room in Dar 66? How do I check-in?
Please note that Dar 66 villas are self check-in. There is no reception desk/room in Dar 66. Opening the villa doors will be via a 4-digit code. The code will be sent to you on your arrival date either through whatsapp or email. The code will only be activated after Dar 66 receives a copy of the IDs of all the guests sent via whatsapp to +971567331311, as well as the online card pre-authorization of the damage deposit via a whatsapp link sent on arrival date before check in.
● What is Dar 66 reservation payment policy?
– The guest will be charged a prepayment of the full reservation amount at the time the booking is made on our website.
– No reservations can be made without full payment in advance, and bookings can only be confirmed upon the payment of the full booking amount.
– Only walk-in guests without prior reservation can pay in cash subject to villa availability.
– For refunds, please review our refund policy at the end.
● How do I receive confirmation of the payment?
Once the payment is successfully charged to the credit/debit card, 2 email confirmation notices will be sent to the guest instantly. If the guest does not receive the email confirmations, one from the payment processing company and the other from Dar 66, please check your Junk/Spam folders. Most likely they are there.
●Does Dar 66 accepts discount cards like Esaad, Fazza or Homat Al Watan etc.? No, Dar 66 does not accept any discount cards. However, there is a 5% discount available on weekdays if you book on our website (the discount does not apply on weekends and holidays).
● Is Damage Deposit required from all guests? Are there any exceptions? And how much is it?
For guests who book directly from our website dar66.ae, no Damage Deposit is required before check in, given that we already have their card information on file.
However, for guests who book on websites other than dar66.ae, and who pay cash on arrival, Dar 66 will collect a Damage Deposit on arrival date before check-in, by an online card pre-authorization. The Deposit payment link will be sent via whatsapp and email before the 3 pm check-in time. Please note that Dar 66 does not accept cash payments. This Damage Deposit amount is 500 dhs and guarantees payment for any damages to property, structure or furnishings including but not limited to permanent soiling and staining of linens; property damage or loss; excessive cleaning charges or any other damages or loss caused during the Guest’s stay. This excludes normal and acceptable wear and tear. Charges may also be incurred if Dar 66 receives complaints about excessive noise or disturbances; there were violations of our outdoor music ban policy and our indoor smoking ban and shisha ban; the presence of any cigarette/tobacco/vaping smell inside the villa; and/or any other violation of the Terms and Conditions. The Damage Deposit is fully returnable after check-out subject to the property’s inspection.
● How and when do I get my Damage Deposit back?
Dar 66 releases the Damage Deposit amount to your bank within 2 hours after check-out & villa inspection. Please note that Dar 66 only requests a pre-authorization from your bank and releases it on your check-out day. However, showing up in your account depends on whether you used a credit card or a debit card to authorize the deposit: If you used a credit card, the refund will show up in your account almost instantly; however, if you used a debit card, the refund will take longer depending on your bank. Most banks will remove the block on the Deposit amount within a week or so, but others may take longer, even 2-3 weeks. To verify receipt of your deposit, please review the account statement itself (not the bank’s phone text messages), either through the bank’s app or your online account . Being only a pre-authorization, the Damage Deposit amount should not have been deducted from your account on your arrival date (only blocked), and therefore you will not get a credit message from your bank after Dar 66 releases the Damage Deposit to your bank. Please note that text messages from the bank are not evidence that the amount has been deducted, banks send these messages whether the transaction was a real purchase or a pre-authorization. You can only get the definitive answer after reviewing your actual bank statement either through the bank’s app or your online account.
● Are day stays allowed, for example stays from 8 am to 8 pm only; and do you offer special rates or discounts for stays less than one night?
Sorry, bookings for the daytime only are not allowed. And no discounts are given for stays less than one night and/or early check-outs or late check-ins (standard check-in time is 3 pm, and standard check-out time is 12.30 pm). The one-night rate is the minimum rate. Minimum stay on weekends and holidays is 2 nights, unless it is a last minute booking.
● Are early check-ins and late check-outs allowed?
Check-in begins at 3 pm, and check-out is at 12.30 pm. Early check-in and/or late check-out are subject to availability, and only upon written confirmation from Dar 66, and maybe subject to extra charges. Most of the time early check-ins and late check-outs are not possible due to the high occupancy rate, especially on weekends, summers, and holidays. Better to plan your stay for the standard 3 pm check-in and 12.30 pm check-out times. Nevertheless, if the villas are available, then early check-ins and late check-outs are possible, but only upon written confirmation from Dar 66.
● Is Dar 66 part of a hotel or a resort? Is it a beachfront property?
The answer is no to both questions, Dar 66 villas are licensed as holiday homes. The Villa and Chalets of Dar 66 are located in a small private villa compound in the laid-back Jazeera Al-Hamra area of Ras Al-Khaimah (RAK), United Arab Emirates. The compound features one villa and two chalets, each with its own private pool offering complete privacy. Dar 66 Al-Hamra Townhouses on the other hand are 2-story townhouses with small private pools inside the gated community of Al-Hamra Village, only 5 minutes away from the main Dar 66.
● Do the swimming pools offer privacy? Can they be used 24 hours a day?
The Villa and Chalets have their own privacy wall and/or compound wall providing complete privacy to the pools, no neighboring villas can see the pools. The pools in Dar 66 Al-Hamra Townhouses, on the other hand, are slightly exposed to the second floor balconies of the neighboring townhouses; however, there is a 3-meter umbrella which provides bigger privacy. The pools are open all day but guests cannot use the pools at night between the hours 10 pm to 7 am (restrictions imposed by RAK government).
● Is there a swimming pool lifeguard in Dar 66 villas? Is there a dedicated swimming pool for children?
There are no swimming pool lifeguards in Dar 66 villas. Guests are responsible for ensuring swimmer’s safety. Children must be under the supervision of adults at all times when they are in the pool area or inside the pool. There is no dedicated children pool, nor is there a safety pool fence for children.
● What is the size and depth of Dar 66 swimming pools?
Pool size depends on the type of the villa. The 4 bedroom villa pool size is 10x5m, and is 1m to 1.6m deep. The 2 and 3 bedroom chalets’ pools are 6.5x4m in size, and 40cm to 1.5m deep. The Townhouses’ pools are 4x2m in size, and 30cm to 1.5m deep.
● Are the pools heated in the winter, chilled in the summer!? The swimming pools are temperature-controlled by an electric heat-pump. Average pool temperature in the winter is 30 degrees celsius and 28 degrees celsius in the summer.
● Are the kitchens fully equipped, and can we cook in the villas?
Yes, each kitchen comes fully equipped with all the necessary pots, pans, utensils, cups, glasses as well as a fridge, gas cooker, oven, microwave, dishwasher, water cooler, toaster, kettle, drip coffee maker, and mixer. Iron and small ironing board are also available along with a hair dryer.
● Does Dar 66 provide some food items such as sugar, salt, oil, tea, coffee, etc in the villas?
No sorry, Dar 66 villas are fully self-catering! No food items of any kind are provided. Only drinking water is provided free of charge.
●Can guests order food from outside restaurants and convenience stores?
Yes indeed, there are plenty of restaurants in the area which will deliver to Dar 66 villas. Check online to find the proper restaurant with the right menu for you. Also there are some nearby convenience stores which will deliver to Dar 66 villas
● Is there a BBQ in the villas? If so, is it gas or charcoal?
Dar 66 Villa and Chalets come with both, one gas BBQ and one charcoal BBQ; while Dar 66 Townhouses come with only gas BBQ. Gas is provided free of charge, while charcoal is the responsibility of the guests.
● Is drinking water provided?
Yes, each villa comes with a water cooler and free 5 gallon water bottles.
● Do we need to bring our own bed sheets & linen, pillows, comforters, bath soap & shampoo, and towels? Dar 66 villas come fully furnished, including bed sheets & linen, pillows, comforters, bath soap & shampoo, as well as bath and hand towels, but not pool towels.
● Is daily cleaning included in the price? If not, how much do you charge per cleaning?
Dar 66 villas are self-catering, no daily cleaning is provided. However, if you require daily cleaning, or a one-time cleaning, we can provide this service. The charge per cleaning depends on the type of villa, and starts from AED 50. Please note that in order to avoid excessive cleaning charges, kindly leave the villas reasonably clean and tidy with all kitchenware and dishware washed and put away and all rubbish bagged and put into bins.
● Is room service available in Dar 66?
Dar 66 is a self-catering establishment, no food or beverages are served there, or any kind of service.
● Do you accept pets?
Sorry, no pets allowed. No exceptions.
● Is there parking in Dar 66 villas? Does each villa has it’s own parking space?
Yes, there is parking space next to each villa, but they are different depending on the villa type. The chalets have shared open parking space few minutes walk from their doors, while the 4 bedroom villa has it’s own open parking space right in front of the villa gate. Only the townhouses have their own 1-car garage right next to the townhouse door.
● What kind of documents do you require as a photo ID?
A government-issued valid photo ID or passport will do. All guests, including children and maids if any, must provide a photo ID before check-in sent via email or whatsapp +971567331311.
● Is renting a holiday home like Dar 66 considered an entry into tenancy agreement subject to Ras Al-Khaimah’s residential tenancy regulations?
No, Dar 66 villas are licensed as holiday homes. Dar 66 guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the villas for temporary accommodation purposes, and such permission is not deemed a residential tenancy agreement under Ras Al-Khaimah’s residential tenancy regulations. Guest’s failure to comply with his/her obligations as set forth in the Terms and Conditions may result in the termination of the aforesaid permission to occupy the villas and an immediate eviction by Dar 66 without prior notice, in addition to the forfeiture of the paid rental amount and the damage deposit.
● What is the applicable law?
The Federal Laws of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as applied in Ras Al-Khaimah courts shall govern all online transactions, without regards to conflict of laws principles. All disputes arising in connection therewith shall be heard only by a court of competent jurisdiction in Ras Al-Khaimah, UAE.
● What is your refund policy?
– If the guest wishes to request a cancellation and/or modification, the guest must submit a written request to cancel or modify the reservation by e-mail or via whatsapp.
– Cancellation or modification fees (if any) shall apply subject to the date of the cancellation/modification request.
– If the cancellation/modification is submitted within a period of more than 14 (14 days) from the date of arrival, the reservation amount shall be refunded after deducting 3% card fees.
– If the cancellation/modification is submitted within a period of less than 14 (fourteen days) from the date of arrival, the rent amount shall be deducted in full and no refund is granted.
– No refunds shall be made for any early departures or “no shows”.
– In the event of cancellation/modification of the reservation due to extenuating special circumstances (death, illness, divorce, extra), the submission is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A written proof of these special circumstances must be submitted therein.
– In the event of cancellation/modification due to force-majeure, such as natural disasters (earthquakes, floods, etc) and other similar circumstances, the situation is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
– Refunds take between 7-10 days from the date the refund is approved.
– All refunds will be made onto the original mode of payment.
● What is Dar 66 Damage Deposit & Deduction Policy?
– For guests who book directly from our website dar66.ae, no Damage Deposit is required before check in, given that we already have their card information on file. The mere use of this card when booking is deemed to be a consent by the Guest authorizing Dar 66 to charge this card the amount of any damages or extra charges or fines in accordance with Dar 66’s Damage Deposit & Deduction policy.
– However, for guests who book on websites other than dar66.ae, and who pay cash on arrival, Dar 66 will collect a Damage Deposit on arrival date before check-in, by an online card pre-authorization. The Deposit payment link will be sent via whatsapp and email before the 3 pm check-in time. Please note that Dar 66 does not accept cash payments.
– This Damage Deposit guarantees payment for any damages to property, structure or furnishings including but not limited to permanent soiling and staining of linens; property damage or loss; excessive cleaning charges or any other damages or loss caused during the Guest’s stay. This excludes normal and acceptable wear and tear. – To avoid excessive cleaning charges, please leave the villas reasonably clean and tidy with all kitchenware and dishware washed (there is a dishwasher) and put away and all rubbish bagged and put into bins.
– Extra charges or fines may also be incurred if: Dar 66 receives complaints about excessive noise or disturbances; there were violations of our outdoor music ban policy and our indoor smoking ban and shisha ban; the presence of any cigarette/tobacco/vaping smell inside the villa; and/or any other violation of the Terms and Conditions. Further, the presence of excessive food smell that is hard to remove will incur a 300 dhs fine.
– To ensure a smooth check-in process and avoid any delays in checking-in, Guest is responsible of ensuring that the Damage Deposit has been pre-authorized via the online link sent by whatsapp prior to the 3 pm check-in time. Please note that access to the villas and the activation of the door code will be granted only after Dar 66 receives the Damage Deposit and a copy of the IDs of all guests including children.
– The condition of the villas and the amount of damages or extra charges or fines will be judged at the sole discretion of Dar 66. If no damage is found to the villas upon check-out, or there were no other extra charges or fines per our Damage Deposit & Deduction Policy, the Damage Deposit pre-authorization will be cancelled and released to the Guest’s credit/debit card on check-out date. Dar 66 releases the amount to your bank within 2 hours after you check-out; however, it might take longer to show up in your account. It depends on whether you used a credit card or a debit card to authorize the deposit: If you used a credit card, the refund will show up in your account almost instantly; however, if you used a debit card, the refund will take longer depending on your bank. Most banks will remove the block on the Deposit amount within a week or so, but others may take longer, even 2-3 weeks.
– If any damage is found to the villas upon check-out, or there were extra charges or fines per our Damage Deposit & Deduction Policy, the value of the damages or the extra charges or fines will be deducted from the Damage Deposit and/or charged to the card within 2-3 days. Guest will be informed of the amount of damages or extra charges or fines after check out. The remaining balance of the Damage Deposit, if any, shall be refunded to the card.
– Please note that should the value of damages or extra charges or fines exceed the amount of the Damage Deposit or the available balance on the card, Guest may be subject to further property damage fees or extra charges or fines, up to and including legal action.